RE: Spider Electrics

Tom Muccino wrote: =

> Has anyone out there installed IAP's Crane XR7000 electronic
> ignition in a mid-70's Spider?

Do you mean a XR700? If so, there is an article on installing
a Crane Cams ignition module in a Marelli disty at the website:

   http://www.catenary.com/victor/isaluti

To read it select "Feature stories," "Ignition, charging," and
"Bye-bye Points." The Crane unit uses an optical trigger and has
performed well for me in a '67 Duetto--easy starting and never
a miss.

Rich Hirsch
'87 Milano
'78 Spider (Marelli-Plex'd)
'67 Duetto (XR-700'd)
'66 Sprint GTV <- my Catdaddy car (XR-700'd)
Editor, i Saluti, St Louis AROC
Website: http://www.catenary.com/victor/isaluti