Re: GTV windshield sealer

John

The sealant is the mastic (bitumastic?) sealant commonly sold as believe it
or not ... windscreen sealant! It comes in tubes that fit into one of those
gun thingos and that is the only way to do a half pie decent job.

The rear screen should be sealed all the way round, I think, because the
mastic acts to prevent rust down the bottom by keeping out the wet which
may or may not get right in. The front is different of course; Windscreen
and even body shop people in their ignorance seal the bottom not knowing
that the bottom panel is a removable piece for servicing the wiper motor
and mechanism - ask me how I know! Ah well  - its all cleaned off now.

Hang in there.

Les  - battling 90 mph winds in Wellington, New Zealand - GTV doesn't even
feel it.