Weber Wanted

I've been reading, but had no luck interacting in this forum so far.  But I
need serious help starting now.  Also a pointer to a Giulietta, or 750/101,
specific site would be appreciated.
I think what I'm really looking for is a Weber DCD 36/36 jetted for 1300cc
to replace my Solex on a Sprint 750B.  I just borrowed a Weber DGR 32/32
with 23/24 venturies to try.  With the adapter for a std. air filter it sits
about 25mm higher than the Solex.  I need advice on what to do, which Weber
works best, etc.  Naturally, I want to improve rather than compromise
performance.  The damn Solex cuts out on right turns and leaks and has a bad
reputation, so I thought why fight it, go with a DCD Weber, but can't find
one.  Any out there?  And is the DGR just as good?  Would also appreciate
stories about experience with these carbs, advise on throttle bore and
venturi bore sizes.  Oh, any experience with replacement diaphragms for
mechanical fuel pumps would also be appreciated.  Would like to get a spare
that works, otherwise convert to electric.
Peter K. Pleitner, <pleitner@domain.elided
750B driver
750F going together (with DCO3s)