164L

I have been watching the prices of 164's here in Southern California for about
six months and it seems like I can purchase a 1991 164L in good to excellent
condition with 65,000 to 85,000 miles for between $8,000 to $10,000.  Since my
wife wants a new car and she has agreed to replace here Aerostar van with a
Alfa,

I'M IN THE MARKET FOR A 164!!!

Here is where you folks come in.  I need to know what problems I should look
out for.  I am aware of the stepper motor issue and I have read that the
automatic transmission may be touchy.  I realize I will be purchasing a car
that is almost 10 years old and I have set aside an additional $4,000 for
repairs and performance improvements.  Your opinions, comments and experiences
would be greatly appreciated.  I intend to own this care for many years and I
just want to buy the best one I can.  Thanks for your help.

Mike Carman
1990 Bronco - The Beast
1991 Spider - For sunny weekends
1983 GTV6 - The race car someday!  When I figure out how to put it back
together!
1991 164L - Soon I hope.