P 5000 P8000

Still on P 5000/8000 Vizzola/Drago, as far as I could determine a few months
ago, neither tire was available in Canada. I read, on the internet, German
reviews, yeah raves, about the performance, especially the wet weather
performance of the P 5000 Drago. I checked with Pirelli, Canada, but they
had no information; I checked with Pirelli U.S.A. who said that the P 5000
Drago was imported into the U.S. with a different name on the sidewall,
namely, P 8000 Vizzola and available through Sears and the Sears related
tire companies. Doug Gould's description "aggressive pattern with a very
large central water drainage groove" fits the appearance of the P 8000
Vizzola. It appears to be the same tire. Interesting.