Re: Speaking of Popping Noises...

> Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:05:35 -0500
> From: "Darren W. Abate" <dabate@domain.elided>
> Subject: Speaking of Popping Noises...
>
> The F50 had the loudest deceleration popping of any car I've ever heard! When
> excelerating, the
> darned thing sounded like the trumpets of the Gods, and even more intimidating
> when he let off the gas, and out came the pop-pop-popping, all the way down.
>
> Awesome!
>
> DW

Attend a Formula One race sometime and you shall weep at the mad cocophony of
snaps, crackles and pops during heavy braking and quick gear changes.  Make sure
you situate yourself at a low speed corner after a high speed straight.  Turn 1 or
2 at the Canadian grand prix will do just fine.  And if you should be lucky enough
to be at a location that affords a good view of the rear of the cars when they
break hard, you get to see the furious fire that accompanies the popping.

- -Frank