Re: Imports

I saw this past weekend a Fiat Bravo - Fiat hatchback from the past year
or so.  It was bought from a foreign person who had brought it in.  My
understanding is that if you have a foreign passport you can bring in a
dar for your own use.  I do not know the actual restrictions on this,
but I know that you are not supposed to resell it.  How the govt would
track this I have no idea.  The hard part is registering it.  I think
many people use dealer plates or somehow doctor up some paperwork (which
would be illegal) or just throw a plate on it from another car and hope
for the best (also obviously illegal).