Oils

If you care for your engine then don't even consider a mineral oil, they
really are comparitevely poor in preventing metal-metal contact. All
synthetic oils should be good for your needs, although I know that Mobil 1
didn't perform very well in wear tests. Personally I use Castrol RS 10w-60
in my 75ts, and GTX Magnatec (semi-synthetic) 10w-40 in my Alfasud. The
Magnatec contains a unique molecular compound which enbles the oil to
'cling' to metal indefinately, thus providing an additional protective
coating between surfaces. To my knowledge no other oil contains this ester
which makes Magnatec perform consistently well in wear testing and I have
no hesitation in using it in my Sud. The only reason I don't use it in my
75 is that its kinematic viscosity is a bit too low for my 100,000 miler
when used on a track. But then I could be biased - I'm a test engineer for
Castrol!

Regards

John

1988 75 ts (daily driver)