Re: 164 Door handles and tyres

<< From: Charles Zealey <CharlesZ@domain.elided>

 My high mileage 164 TS has developed stress cracks along the top of the
 front door handles (both sides).  Is this a common problem?  Any cures
 other than new handles?>>

I've had one go in over 100K miles.  New handles are not too expensive and
easy to fit.  (Loosen, don't remove, the inside fixing nuts and it all slips
apart.  Get the handles (they only come in matt black) painted before you fit
them.

 <<Also, what experience do Uk readers have of various tyre makes on the 164=
 ? = >>

P6000 are a big improvement on origial P4000 IMHO.  I only have them on the
front at present, but shall fit on rear idc.

<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/tonywoodtw/";>Tony Wood</A>
England
'89 164 3.0 V6 Lusso

End of alfa-digest V7 #169