164 Door handles and tyres

My high mileage 164 TS has developed stress cracks along the top of the
front door handles (both sides).  Is this a common problem?  Any cures
other than new handles?

Also, what experience do Uk readers have of various tyre makes on the 164=
? =

I've always used Pirelli 6000 and regretted the one time I used Michelin
because it caused rear end wandering at high speed esp. in cross winds.  =
believe similar characterisitics  occur with Goodyears.  What else?  Any
experience of Pirelli 5000?

Charles