164LS (check engine light)

	A new owner of a 164LS in San Francisco reported a "check engine"
light last week. Now mine is on too (1995 model, 37K miles). I did 2 hours
on the highway saturday then went onto a gravel road up in the mountains.
After a few bumps on the road, the light came on.

	Today, I swear, I will order the Car Disc CD, but in the meantime
does anybody have any advice? I checked all obvious electrical connectors,
figuring the bumps jarred something loose. Oil pressure and coolant temp
seem OK, though coolant temp may actually be a little low (would a
thermostat that is stuck open cause this?). I drove it 150 miles home with
the light on...no problems...normal performance.

	Is there any way a checkbook mechanic can read the fault codes, or
am I in for a trip to the dealer?

	Any ideas are appreciated.

	Karl
	Sunnyvale CA

> Subject: F-14 vs F-15
>
> Did anyone else see the fleet week airshow over the bay today? All of the
> planes including the Blue Angels are parked over at United's hanger in
> Oakland where I work and I can positively say that on the ground the F-14
> takes the prize as the meanest looking thing that ever was but in the air
> today I'll have to admit that the F-15 was.... I'm speechless, it gave me
> goosebumps.

	... ought to give the Serbs goosebumps too, but that's off topic ;->