Re: 72 GTV Restoration

    d&je> She looked so much more spacious without the console I'm
    d&je> thinking of doing away with it.

Gee, just think of how many cup holders you could get in all that
space! <snork>, sorry, couldn't resist (it is Friday...)

    d&je> Now if your still with me here are my question/needs. I
    d&je> never liked the rectangular side marker lights and want to
    d&je> convert to the older round "Euro style" lights.

So what about doing away with the lights altogether?  I've seen
several (well, 2) GTV's around here with the marker lights removed and
it looks very nice.  I would argue that the aesthetic is similar to
John H.'s comment (if I may be so bold as to make the connection) that
the removal of the C-pillar badges (sorry Ben!) leads to a cleaner
line.  Maybe not so much with the smaller series 1 lights, but those
big rectangular ones sure stick out.  Well, just a thought.

Marc Alley
Palo Alto
'71 GTV
'74 Berlina