Alfa 75TS Drive-train? Thump When Wet.

Greetings,

Yesterday we had a bit of rain. While driving home I went through a bit of a
puddle and then noticed that when I decelerated there was a bit of a
thumping noise from under the car. Almost like a louder version of the
backfiring type popping noise I normally get from the exhaust when
decelerating. It went away by the time I made it home. Does anyone have any
ideas what this may been? Could it have been from the drive shaft or
similar? Perhaps those donut thingies that I have read about are on their
way out, but the problem is only exhibited at this stage when they are wet?

Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers,
Dougal.

Dougal Mair