Re: alfa-digest V7 #158

In a message dated 10/7/98 1:37:47 PM CST, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided
writes:

<< From: "Andrew Watry"<andrew.watry@domain.elided>
 Subject: 750 engine part questions

      I bought a 750 Giulietta Sprint this weekend, and in the boxes of
      extra parts were two things I'm trying to identify:

      750 cams (fuel pump lobe on front of one cam; narrown lobes) with only
      this identifying mark on the intake cam shaft:  "3D1" in a small box,
      with the upper 2/3 of the number "8" next to it, all as if imprinted
      by a hand punch.  Owner said they were Veloce cams, but who knows?

      Stamped steel oil pan, with stamped ribbing, a spot-welded center box
      and four swinging gates around the oil pickup.  The basic pan is made
      from two pieces of steel, crimped at a joint about half way up the
      sides, and flares out a few inches on one side.  Is this a 750 Veloce
      pan?  101 Veloce pans were two-piece cast aluminum, right?  It has an
      oil temp sender in it.

The pan sounds like 101.02.01.021.00, which is listed as being obsolete and
replaced by the more common cast sumps.  It as listed as being used on Spider,
Spider Veloce, Sprint, Sprint Veloce.

End of alfa-digest V7 #161