Facists Any Day

<<<<<     PS - It was part of my job to visit portions of UC Berkeley in
the People's
Park era -  in a '69 Spider.  Give me facists anyday.     >>>>>

Ah, yes - I too recall those days.  This was a time when it was "common
knowledge" that such claims as police brutality and police bias were merely
the propagandistic wavings of pointy headed intellectuals systemically
corrupting our universities and then in turn corrupting our free loading
students.  Indeed, ironic references to "police brutality" became the
ultimate inside joke among the pseudosavvy self righteous.  Those folks are
still out there.  Puleeze, don't get me started.

An objective - scientific - study of this subject of "police personality"
is not only possible but has often been done.  It is only because folks
like Regan Copple finally started to expose the truth about "police
personalities" that things have improved in USA law enforcement and even
the military
			.  (Besides, mini cams are more commonly available
these days even to the unwashed.)  Today there is at least an active
sensitivity to the fact that lots of people do not want their police to use
their station for personally motivated purposes.  The cop that towered over
Regan - as we understand the scenario of course - was just plain pissed.
His Ego had been offended, his authority questioned - horrors.  Whereas one
civilian who is given the finger by another is legally helpless in
acquiring sweet revenge no matter how pissed, a cop has the power to
personally punish.  This fellow, this cop, should not have reacted as he
did.  In principle we do not allow the police the impatience that we allow
the less powerful.

To point out to Regan that "he shouldn't have done that" is utterly missing
the point and is the very height of cynicism.  ( He even asked us not to
for good reason)

As for the sentiment "Give me facists anyday", I take this as a figure of
speech.  However, I am convinced that given a concrete choice, a great many
people would in fact choose fascism over the perpetual discomfort inherent
in a free society whose citizen-hired police are the servants of the
citizenry rather than  members of some self appointed elite-and where the
arrogant rabble are allowed to perceive themselves as the equal of any
other citizen.

David

GET A HAIR CUT!!!!