[no subject]

10 years later, after business school, new job, and being recently
married I promised
myself to finally fulfill my dream.  First I got the OK from the wife.
Second I began my
search.  The Internet was very helpful in finding cars for sale and
gathering information
about the model.  I happened upon Jonathan's car by accident.  I was
researching a '74
GTV in Illinois (more on that later) and I mentioned my interest to a
friend.  He knew that
Jonathan was looking to upgrade and after about 4 weeks I'm the proud
owner of a '73
GTV as of last Saturday.

My only regret is that I was unable to drive it to the Concours
d'Elegance at Castle Hill in
Ipswich, Mass on 9/27.  To make up for this, I treated myself to a Mass
vanity plate
"GTV73."

For others who are looking for a 2000 GTV, feel free to e-mail me and
I'll provide the
details about the '74 GTV in Illinois.  Basically, it's almost 100%
original, 85,000 miles,
Texas car, red/black.

Jonathan has been instrumental in getting me up to speed, since I'm not
naturally
mechanically inclined.  So I may post somewhat "simple" questions.
Please bear with me.

First question.  What's the best manual for the 2000 GTV?  I've heard
Pat Braden's Alfa
Bible or Car Disk.  Are there others?  Is there a preferred source?

Thanks
Stefan - whose pinching himself to make sure his '73 GTV is not a dream