We made it!!!

Hello, gang!

Yes, we made it back - Dave and John's Great Alfa Romeo Foray is over!  For
those of you that hadn't been following along, my brother John bought a very
nice '72 GTV in Santa Cruz, CA and we just spent 11 delightful days driving
it back across the country to Boston.  We brought along a laptop and digital
camera, and updated my web site daily from the road with photos and, uh,
observations.  We chose routes that involved almost no Interstates, in fact
lots of nice Alfa roads - it took us 4500 miles to make the 3000-mile trip!
Lots of beautiful scenery, many photos of which include the GTV, which
certainly does not detract.  If you're interested, it's still up at:

   http://people.ne.mediaone.net/dvpratt/saga

Many thanks to all of you that emailed your encouragement and offers of
support (which we thankfully didn't need)!  It was fun keeping in touch with
people along the way, and updating the web page and answering email kept us
off the streets at night!

This was our second foray to fetch an Alfa - we're already plotting the next
one!

Dave Pratt, Dedham, MA
'74 Spider (since 1977)
'91 164L (since 1991)
'74 GTV (since June - the first Foray!)

P.S. After the trip, we must reluctantly cast our votes in favor of
cupholders . . .