Alfa 156 Wheel Arches

At last! The 156 was launched here in South Africa on 1 October and I
could not wait to go and see it! The dealer that I visited was kept
very busy by interested Alfisti. He claims that he has sold his October
consignment of 156's within the first two days since the launch and was
well into selling his November quota! Fiat will  only be marketing the
2.0 t/s and 2.5 V6 here initially, and later the Sport t/s. We should
also see the GTV 3.0 in about March 1999.

The reason I write this email (except to share my excitement) is that I
noticed that the inside of the rear wheel arches (behind the wheels)
the 156 was covered in some type of grey material (carpeting?) to
reduce road noise. I believe that this car is exceptionally quiet on
the road and the only noise you will hear is the (typical Alfa) engine
growl when the revs get busy. However, to fellow Alfisti in Europe that
already own one of these gems and like to keep their cars in prestine
condition: How easy it to clean road dirt/mud off this material
especially as the car starts to age?

Regards,
Phill

When all else fails, lower your standards.

The Alfa Romeo Club of SA <arcsa@domain.elided>
Web site <http://users.iafrica.com/e/er/erasmusp/>

1985 Alfetta 2.0 Turbo
1997 145 2.0 Q