Radio interference

Hi All

Suddenly I have been experiencing more and more static on the FM channels on
the car stereo.  I haven't noticed it before and its gotten bad enough for
me to pay attention.

When it got really bad yesterday, I traced it to a burnt high tension lead
connector at the coil.  I cut off the offending burnt cable, reconnected it,
and the reading on my VOM was right again.  It was totally open when it
burnt.  (Cable, BTW, are wire wound type, plugs are have no resistors).
This cured the FM static along with the off idle stumble & high speed
misfire.

MW and LW, OTOH, has a whine (I don't know if it was there before) related
to engine RPM and it is broadcasted on all frequencies.  Its kind of cool
actually - sort of transposes the engine noise into a motorcycle at speed.
But, sigh!,  it just isn't right.

Any ideas guys? How do I silence it?

TIA

Andrew C