RE: Plugged-in/Re-bushing GTV door hinges

Eric Sands wrote about his 66 Giulia Sprint GTV:
> Door sagging problem on the passenger side has been taken care
> of with a new set of hinges, just a joy to use now.

I had this problem too on my '66 GTV. It was also solved with a new
(used) set of door hinges. At most auto-parts stores there are kits
for "re-bushing" door hinges for GM and Chrysler cars. Has anyone
tried to repair GTV door hinges using such a kit? How did it work?

BTW I would nominate the Phillips-type bolt fasteners on the '66
door hinges as "Alfa's Worst Design Feature." They're almost
impossible to remove (without drilling them out) and they can't
be tightened well without buggering the slot. The socket-headed
bolts used on later model GTVs are much better.

Thanks,

Rich Hirsch
'87 Milano
'78 Spider