One Lap Update...long

Hi folks!

I started out on the One Lap on Thursday night around 8 pm to get a head
start on the trip out of Florida.
Night One got me to Savannah Georgia, not bad, 300 miles...high point
was going through Reddick, Fla. I thought of our president...

I started out Friday morning and made good progress with all being well
other than the annoying vibration below 80 mph. You know the solution...
:o)

Friday night ended at the home of Dug Seed-in, near Washington D.C.
Doug and his wife, Ellen and their 2 wonderful kids treated me like
royalty, Some of the best people I have met, Thanks again folks!

Doug and I went for a short trip to visit and drive a '95 164 Twin Spark
4 cylinder which belongs to a new friend of mine.
The 4 cyl. 164 is very different, peppy and very light feeling. great
sound, and it loves to rev. Sadly the grey market preparer did not treat
this owner well and she has some issue to live with, but it doesn't
distract from the way it drives... I would love to have more time with
this car to see what it is like out on the highway. The owner was
gracious enough to toss us the keys and told us to see what we
thought... Fun car, much more "tossable" than a v-6 model. Lots of pep
too.

I headed out from the Seed-in Ranch, Great roads!!(this family lives in
paradise...) and have proceeded on to Cherry Hill NJ to visit my folks,
and hit the local Alfa stores for some parts for the Twin Spark and to
hopefully locate some rotors for my car, I think this is the source of
the vibration. Maybe brake hoses starting to fail as well?

Superflex bushings are faring well, great road feel. Avg mpg is
consistent at 25.5-26 mpg at speeds in the 75-85 mph range on the road.

Highlights besides the fun visit with the Sedons was the surprise gift
of "some old parts from the TwinSpark conversion...." How do you connect
Euro Spec Projector headlights?  :o))))

I am lovin this trip!!

More as it happens
If you wish not to receive updates, reply with "remove" in the subject
line.

Bye for now!!!

Bill and "Sofia" the 168, (soon to get new eyes!)
Bill Harkell
Alfa Romeo Search and Rescue Society
Tampa, Florida