parts numbering system cross-references on fiche

In AD7-147 Frode Bergh wrote: "Hmm, if John H.'s sources are inadequate, it
may be worth delurking for a second :-)"

Many and most genuine thanks: I have NEVER had fully adequate sources, and
seldom had passably adequate sources. As the Duchess of Windsor (I think)
said, "You can never be too rich, too thin, or too well informed."

Bells started titantabulating when I read the signature- as far as I can tell
Frode last surfaced in March of 1996, when he had just passed 260,000 km on
the original head gasket. (The 116 Giulietta's head, I think, not his own). An
earlier post, early in volume one of the alfa-digest, established him as
having been on the parent italian-cars list for nearly 6 years at that time.
His name also registered back then on Jack Hagerty's master-list of the e-mail
addresses of the Alfa enthusiasts of the world. (Jack? is there a later
edition?)

I just want to thank Frode Berg for delurking, and to wish he would do it more
often. Once every thirty months is excessively shy, particularly for people
who know things others don't. Please?

Sincerely,

John H.