Re: Non-Alfa (albeit Italian) content

Charles Koster wrote:

> An acquaintance at work is hot to buy a Maserati Indy.  Does anyone have
> any insight about how to find a suitable car?  Although he's in southern
> California, can anyone recommend someone or someplace in the Bay Area that
> could do a buyer's check on a Maserati?

A friend picked up a gorgeous Maserati Merak SS a few weeks ago.  The previous
owner had it serviced at Ferrari Los Gatos and was very happy with the
service.  The mechanics knew a lot about the car including how to get cheap
parts e.g. one of the belts is from a Ford Fiesta (tiny car popular in Europe)
- - when order as a Ford part it was 80% cheaper than the Maserati part ;-)

He had some work done on it earlier this week, let me tell you that their
service bay is a beautiful sight - from 330GTs to 512TRs up on lifts.  The
guys also knocked a few hundred off his bill when he asked them was it the
best they could do!

Get them to check it out, they seem like a good place, they are under new
management (Symbian group ?) the previous owner seems to have a less than
perfect reputation.

Keith Ahern
85 Spider Veloce
79 Sprint Veloce