GTV6 AC conversion

Dave Mericle Wrote:

>I too am converting my '83 GTB6 to a Milano kompressor.  Concur that the
>bracket needs to be modifed.  Also converting to R134 requires that the
>fittings supplied with an R134 kit need to be changed or modified.
>Symbolic Motors here in San Diego is going the mod and I haven't picked
>the car up yet but they have found a NAPA receiver/drier that fits at
>much less $$ than the stock one.  I will post the part number when I
>have it.

Hi:
Actually - this mod is very simple.  You don't need to modify the GTV6
bracket, just use the complete compressor & bracket assembly from a Milano
(APE can supply the 'kit').  It will bolt right in without any modification.
See my web site:
http://www.gtv6.org/ac.htm
I have not tried to use the new R134a gas yet since having done this
conversion 2 years ago, it still cools very well.  The 134a gas will not be
as efficient as freon however.  You could install a Milano radiator fan
which will improve the performance of the condenser and hopefully
compensate for the decreased performance.

Cheers
Mike
1985 GTV6
http://www.gtv6.org