RE: Milano/75 Creaking Clutch Pedal- HELP!

Dimitri writes:

> ...my clutch pedal has recently began to "creak" when I
> depress it and release it...I don't think that grease can
> solve this. Has anyone tried to solve this or know what
> the problem is?

In my experience the creaking is caused by a lack of lubricant
in the clutch MC where the actuator rod meets the piston.

In a more perfect world you should be able to simply peel back
the rubber boot on the clutch MC and grease the ball at the end
of the actuator rod. This makes clutch operation smoother and
quieter.

Unfortunately, because the MC is attached to the firewall
from the INSIDE of the car, greasing this joint is probably
more trouble than it's worth, unless you're replacing the MC
or working in the area.

How to access the clutch MC is described in my article on
replacing the Milano ABS system with conventional brakes at:

   http://www.catenary.com/victor/isaluti

Select "Feature stories," "Brakes," and "Milano Alchemy."

Good luck,

Rich