jerky throttle

I have owned my 90 Spider for just over 1 year now and it is still the only
Alfa I have ever driven, so I dont know if this problem is normal to all
Spiders.  But, whenever I lift off the throttle quickly or press the throttle
quickly the drive train tends to jerk rather harshly.  Is this normal?  Am I
being too picky?  Is there anything I can do to remedy this?  The car has the
motronic injection if that makes a difference.  Thanks.

Rob Murphy
Coral Springs, FL