copy cat

> Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 08:36:52 EDT
> From: JJK1204@domain.elided
> Subject: Re: copy cat

> David you wrote
> <<I saw the new Mercury Cougar in the flesh yesterday for the
> first time.  Does anybody else feel that it bears a striking
> resemblance to the newest Alfa GTV?>>

> I hope not. Although I have not seen a new Alfa GTV I also recently saw the
> Cougar. What an ugly thing. Looks very Japanese, bloated and out of
> proportion.

> John Katos

I haven't seen the GTV in the flesh, but I've seen many photos of it.  It
did seem to me that the Cougar is proportioned differently.  It certainly
looks longer and maybe a little higher, and maybe not quite as steeply
slanted at the GTV.  But the visual effect is strikingly similar.  Anybody
know who designed the Cougar?  Was it done in-house at Ford?  Do they ever
contract out design work?

- -David