2600 Berlina prices and other 2600 stuff.

Berlina, the current market in Europe seems to be about 3000 GB Pounds
to 3500 GB Pounds for a good example down to below 1000 GB Pounds for
a resto project. The majority of remaining cars are in Australia which
seems to have a strange fascination for them. My database holds
details of 45 remaining cars out of the 2038 cars produced. The only
one left here in England is currently for sale. It is dark blue 1965
Left Hand Drive car which has 66K kilometres on the clock and is one
of the floor shift models (chassis number 801205) and is priced at
1000 GB Pounds. If you are interested in buying it please contact Ian
Williams at Classic Alfas on +44 1934 644744.

Recently saw Nick Savage driving his Blu Olandaise 2600 Sprint at the
Goodwood circuit re-opening meeting. The car is much quicker than
before due to the 200+ bhp and Dunlop Racing 5.00 x 15 tyres on
Technomagnesio wheels, it finished 13th out 25 starters but still nose
dived into the corners (even with 600% uprated springs). It is hoped
to get 250 bhp out of the engine in the next year, it is still wet
sumped and has the original exhaust manifold and no LSD fitted. (The
car is still occasionally used to go shopping in).

Discussions on the Digest re Solex/Weber/Dell'Orto's conversions are
interesting as I am in the process of converting my 1962 2600 Sprint
to 40mm Dell'Orto's taken from a Datsun Samurai with E-Type linkage.
They are indeed a straight swap for the Solex 44PHH's but the manifold
really needs sleeving (44PHH manifold has 42mm ends and 46mm centre
bores), I am looking to obtain 200+ bhp using unleaded petrol on a
docile street motor with rally profile cams.

A small delay is anticpiated in completing the above due to a rebuild
being required on my 75 suspension following a recent thrash round the
Nordshliefe. It also doesn't help doing the run from Aachen to Calais
in 2.5 hours including a detour into an industrial estate in the
middle of Belgium. (Surely 110 kph is equal to 110+ mph !!!).

Does anybody out there know what happened to the ex-Tom Zat 24 valve
head for a 2600 ?. Does anybody know how many different optional Weber
manifold designs were used by Alfa on the 2600 Sprint (I know of three
different Alfa designs as well as the three piece Ruddspeed design) ?.
Has anyone got the optional long distance fuel tank for the 2600 ?.
Has anyone seen a SPICA fuel injection unit or air condition fitted to
any 2600's other than the cars in the Alfa Museum ?.

Sometime I really must dig out from my archives the production figures
for the FNM cars and trucks produced in Brasil as discussed on the
Digest recently.

regards

Eric Harrison
Club Alfa Romeo 2600/2000 International

1962 2600 Sprint (Grigio Medio Metallico)
1964 2600 Sprint (Bianco Antico)
1988 75 Twinspark