Re: Free Alfa header, hardtop

I am going to be moving soon, and would like to get rid of
two items.  My life would probably be easier if I just
dropped them in a dumpster, but I suspect that someone,
somewhere could use them, and I know if I simply throw
them away, the next day some Alfisti will say to me "hey,
know where I can get a ....?"  So, here's the deal:

I'm happy to give these away at no charge, but if you're
out of the area (and I'm located in a pretty remote place),
I expect you to handle transportation.  Also, I'm going to
be arbitrary in chosing the "lucky" winners - people who
I know, people who seem like they can follow through, will
get first dibs.  Send me an e-mail if interested.

Here's what I have:

- - Shankle header for a 2L 4 cyl Alfa.  About 10 years old,
but with minimal mileage.  Heavily dented by an accident
involving hitting a rock in the highway at speed.  Now it
leaks somewhat, and the collector and lower/horizontal is
pretty dented.  Perhaps someone could repair it, but my
favorite idea is to use the individual pipes on an Alfa-
based dragster.  I would estimate it will cost $30 to $40
to box this thing, and UPS it to a US destination.

- - Hardtop for a 115 Kammtail spider.  Wow, with winter coming,
what a great deal!  Yea, but...  A friend who knew I had an
Alfa got this at an auction for $10.  IT HAS NO BACK WINDOW
GLASS.  The rubber channel is there, but no clear material.
The make of the top is Parrish Plastics - perhaps they could
provide a replacement.  It also has no front hold-downs
(there are tapped holes that look like they would accept the
clamps from a softtop frame), and the rear hold-downs look
like they came from Tru Value Hardware, not Pininfarina.  It
seems to be missing the seal between the rear of the top and
the car's sheetmetal ahead of the trund lid.  The exterior
finish is black, semi-gloss, and aside from a few chips,
is in OK shape.  Moving to the plus side, the rubber seals
against the windshield and side windows aren't bad, and the
black felt interior is also good.  I really really don't want
to ship this thing, because: 1) I think it will be a hassle to
get it crated, and 2) I suspect it's not worth the expense.
So, preference will be given to people who can pick it up in
Iowa City (about 4 hours west of Chicago).

Jay Mackro