re 164 in wva

hi jay,

thanks to your tip, i'm now the owner of a '91 164L automatic!  after driving it
home yesterday, and into bethesda this a.m., i think it's really too nice to
part out so i can steal its 3.0, so i'm not sure what i'm gonna do w/it yet.  it
cruises at 80, and handles yust like my '92 164L!  the a/c worked great, and it
was 95 in martinsburg wva yesterday.  that's why i took it into work  - i called
doug mitchell at crown on saturday, and he's REALLY interested in it - so much
so, that he even offered to work me a deal on the 3.0 with 's' cams that he's
got sitting on the floor of his shop waiting to go into HIS gtwe6.  i've been
after that engine for a while - until  now, he yust laffed at me!  i took it to
a good body man i know in brunswick - he said $750 for the bodywork; i think
doug m can get it done for even less.  mechanically, except for some sensors & a
valve cover gasket (which is why the timing belt is 'well-oiled'!), the only
thing really wrong w/it is something in the a/t that rattles when the car is at
idle.  no noise when moving, and shifts perfectly, so we'll see what happens -
this car may get parted out, or it may get fixed & put on the market (by doug m
or by me).  so, if you (or anyone) is interested in either 164 parts, or a 164
a/t driver, lemme know - one way or the other, my gtwe6 is gonna get a 3.0!
btw, if i decide to fix it & sell it, i imagine i'll try to get somewhere
between $4.5 & $5.5k for it, depending on exactly how much gnu stuff it would
actually get.

thanks again, jay!

doug s.