RE: Spider dash shake

> Is there anything that can be done to tighten up the dash in a Spider?  It
> seems to shake excessively.  I understand that some cowl shake is normal,
> but it seems to have gotten worse over the last 12 years that i have owned
> the car.
>
> Mike
> '79 Spider

there are only something like six bolts (and screws) holding in a spider
dash.  four are underneath the dash, along the front.  two of those are
located towards the ends, near the side vents, the other two are located
near the center near the center ducts. the two near the ends can be accessed
from under the dash, the two center ones can to, but it's easier to remove
the duct covers, slip off the ducting, and access the nuts from the top.

the last two connections are the two screws at between the dash and the
console.

it's very common for the dash/console screws to get loose over time.  it's
also common for people to replace them with the wrong hardware after they've
had things apart.  make sure those two screws are tight and secure first.

less common is the four nuts underneath the dash, but i've seen those loosen
up too.

good luck,

bs