Starting probs

     Craig writes:
     ...After the car sits for a couple of days, I very a very hard time
     starting it.  It's getting spark, but just won't turn over, and after
     3-4 tries the battery goes dead (Having an problem with my
     bosch-injected Spider, that I hope the list can help me diagnose.  My
     problem is starting.  After the car sits for a couple of days, I have
     a very hard time starting it.  It's getting spark, but just won't turn
     over, and after 3-4 tries the battery goes dead (another problem that
     a new battery should fix).  I'll hook my battery charger/starter up to
     it, wait a minute or two, and try it again.  After the fourth or fifth
     time it starts right up and runs great.  Also, after that it will
     start right up anytime that day or the next.  It seems that it just
     happens after the car sits for a while.
     So, where should I start?  Fuel pump?...

     Looks like you answered your question in the first paragraph, Craig.
     ...another problem that a new battery should fix...
     If the battery is weak, and losing charge over the course of a few
     days, there will not be enough voltage left during cranking for other
     required functions of the battery, such as ignition, fuel pump, and
     other engine management parameters. The Bosch system uses a computer
     that may not be operational if the voltage drops too low. Do two
     things: First, check to see if there is a leakage path that is
     draining the battery, and correct it. Second, fully charge the battery
     (overnight) and see if the car wants to start. If so, replacing the
     battery, or keeping the present one charged, will probably do wonders!
     Len