gtwe6 susp/understeer.

hi all,

my gtwe6's suspension was (due more to finances than in the interest of science)
upgraded piecemeal - the 1st thing(s) done were the addition of front avo (now
halcorp) adjustable shocks, and, w/the aid of tom zat's eccentric upper control
arm bushings, lowering the front of the car about 2.5"  (now that the suspension
is complete, the front has been raised back up about 1/2")

as the shocks were adjusted on the soft side, i considered this more like yust
getting gnu shocks, than an actual (stiffness) upgrade.  the fact that they were
adjustable would allow me to "upgrade" them in the future, as other
bastardizations, uh, i mean mods were to take place.  so, really, the 1st mod
involved yust lowering the car in the front.  i must say that this one mod
improved the handling & cornering considerably.  the downside was that ride
quality deteriorated.  not sure why - mebbe the shocks were still a little too
stiff.  i don't think so tho, i think it had more to do w/the fact that the
stock torsion bars dint like the revised geometry for them to allow the wheels
to move up & down.

so, the ride quality sucked, but the handling was so much better, that i dint
mind driving it this way until i had time/money for future mods (ie - i had the
gnu rear shocks on hand - it took me 3 mnths to get around to getting 'em
installed)  mebbe i should document mr. funky's bastardization from start to
finish for the gtwe6 journal, eh craig walker?  mebbe if/when i get some more
time...

ciao for now,

doug s.