major mileage/nnicknames for alfas

hi all,

my '88 milano werde (no nickname, in 6+ years of ownership), w/122k miles, is
the lowest mileage alfa we've got.  had 42k when purchased.  curiously, also the
only one that needed any engine work - it got gnu ("s") cams at ~90k - one lobe
on the orig was bad.  mebbe my wife's driving 15 miles at 80mph w/no oil on her
way home, after holing the sump in our driveway on the way out (at about 75k)
had something to do w/this?!?  complete service records when purchased.

at the high end, is our '92 164L, w/almost 140k.  we've had this specimen
(nicknamed 'the whale' almost simultaneously by all family members), for ~1.5
years; it had 117k miles when purchased.  complete, thorough service records
when purchased - synth oil at every 10k, per mfr.  no engine trouble.

in the middle, is the '86 gtwe6, (nicknamed by our then 3.5 yr old daughter: mr.
funky.  the name has stuck; everyone calls him that, now).  purchased 3.5 years
ago w/about 60K; now has 124k.  spotty service records when purchased.  taken to
red-line on a semi-regular basis, also no engine work needed.

major wood-knocking taking place about now...  :>)

dug seed in