bolt patterns

AD7- 129. From: Ben Dixon writes, on the Dellorto/Weber question,

"the mounts Im a bit suspect of.  The dellortos that I have seen have a
reverse bolt pattern to the webers on the manifold side.  Then again, maybe
these dellortos were made to be a bolt up copy of the webers.

"Its quite possible that I am talking out of my arse...

"(now proceeding to dig a very large hole to stand in...)"

Cheer up. The best of us do both of those things. (So do the worst, but you
and I may ignore them)

The Dellortos and Webers in my basement have identical bolt patterns at both
ends, as well as identical lengths. But I wasn't sure about Solexes (Solices?)
so I trudged upstairs to check whether the parts books show differences.

The "Euro" end of my parts books for the 2000 Berlina shows two and only two
carbs used, the Dellorto DHLA 40 and the Solex 40 DDH. No Weber. But it also
shows just one intake manifold and just one air cleaner. I would assume that
all three makes have exactly the same interface with all other parts on the
Alfas to which they are fitted. Alfa Romeo, of course, as the specifying
customer, could have told any bidding supplier exactly what it wanted on
any/all interface details or anything else. If Ben is correct about a reverse
bolt pattern it is quite possible that Dellorto might have made similar but
different carbs for another customer, Fiat or whoever, at an earlier date.
Might be reasonable to be cautious when buying parts of unknown ancestry.
Wouldn't hurt, anyhow.

Cordially,

John H.