Re:Fiat Dino

I beleive that the engine in these is not a Ferrari engine, but an engine
designed by Ferrari, and built totally by Fiat.  This was due to some
homolgation rules that said x number of these engines needed to be built
before they could be raced in the formula 2 series.  Ferrari was not up
to the task of building the cars, or the engines for this project, and
enlisted Fiats help.  I also believe that the most beutiful car built in
the last 25 years, the Dino 206/246, had this same Fiat built engine in
it.  I know that the early Ferrari Dino did not have any Ferrari badges
on them.
There is a Fiat Dino coupe parked in a field near my home that has not
run for some time.  I am sure it would cost more to restore than to buy
one in roadworthy condition, but someone will take the bait and lose a
bunch of money on it.

Kevin Gildea
Orem Utah
71 Spider

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

End of alfa-digest V7 #128