RE: I must decide! (Spider vs MR2)

> I've recently rejoined the list because I can once again keep a car in the
> city, and my '84 Spider is available.  Long story...but I also have a '92
> Toyota MR2 turbo.
>
> In a nutshell, have to sell one.  Love the spider, like the MR2.  Thought
> I'd throw it out to the list to generate pros/cons for each...maybe remind
> me why I got the Spider in the first place.

didn't you just answer your own question?

> So:  What's the best thing you love about the spider, and the thing you
> most *gasp* dislike about it?

the spider has (a) classic looks, (b) design that was far ahead of it's
time, (c) character, ...

this body design still looks good (and modern) more than 25 years after it's
introduction.  more than 15 years into it's life other manufacturers were
just picking up on things like aluminum engines, five speed synchromesh
gearbox, four wheel disc brakes, etc.  look at the list of basic features on
a car that was introduced in the late 60's.  look at what everybody else was
doing at that time.

that said, cars from pretty much any manufacturer have evolved over time.
the spider, imho, did not.  you are essentially asking for a comparison of a
1992 product against a late 60's product.  i've driven the mr2, and it's a
fine product - well balanced, excellent handling, great acceleration - the
spider does not compare.

i'd take the spider.

bs