RE: tourist seeks museo advice

Subject: tourist seeks museo advice

: I'm going to be in Italy for a few weeks; I'd like to visit the Alfa Museum
: in Arese (right?) -- I've heard that it's not open on a regular basis. Can
: somebody advise what sort of arrangements I need to make to get in?
:
: Thanks,
:
: - --Bo
:
: (5 x 105) + 164

I and a group of friends had a 3 week tour of northern Italy (in the
last completely British mass-produced car - the Austin Montego). After
spending around 2 hours finding the factory close to Arese - getting to
Arese is half the challenge, we merely turned up without arrangements.
We found the main security office and then they directed us to the
separate set of administration buildings and the Museo itself.

To get in you'll need your passport - security will issue you with a
Fiat visitor pass (which you have to give back....). Then they direct
you to the Museo - its signposted in the typical Italian way. Basically
you end up walking around a Fiat building unescorted trying to find the
museum....

Once you found the Museo, (up the stairs and outside to the building),
you will see the best car museum in Italy (far, far, far better than
the one in Turin). When we were there it took around 3 hours. No-one
else was in which was amazing since the value of some of the cars
there.

We left around 2pm - slightly delayed since we were locked in by
someone - and left the complex without any concern from security.

The highlight of the holiday and that includes driving down the
front of St.Tropez, the street circuit of Monaco, the Rome
circular in the rush hour, the roads around Cortina in the
Alps, and the Montego not breaking down.

Enjoy,

Richard Borrett

No Alfa yet, but the plan
is a 145 Cloverleaf.

:    Richard Borrett     :                       :
:  +44 (0)181 945 2051   :      Nortel Ltd       :
:     ESN 730 2051       :  Oakleigh Road South  :
:Fax: +44 (0)181 945 3116:     New Southgate     :
:                        :        LONDON         :
:   Software Engineer    :        N11 1HB        :