RE: 'Montreal' engine conversion correction

> The book I was reading at the library said that the engine conversion
> was done using a 'Montreal' V-6, but I have since found this to be
> inncorrect. It was an Alfa V6, and Auto Naseau (spelling?) in Germant
> put them in their Spiders in the eighties. I am looking for any
> information on this that I can find. Can you help?

unless you have a motor from an alfa 6 (front transmission, *very* rare in
the usa), the gtv6/milano motor will not mate up with a spider transmission.

if you can get a non-standard v6 or v8 past your emissions police, then why
not just go hog wild with your four cylinder?  the car is front heavy as it
is, replacing that four with a six or eight will add another 100 lbs to the
front end, and really disrupt the balance of the car.

fwiw,

bs