Re: Montreal V6 in a Spider?

The hard part is find that Montreal V6 :-) (Sorry, I am just being silly).

You can get pretty adequate power from the I4 motor, why go through the
hassle? The spider already understeers badly as it is, I can't imagine
adding more weight to the front, there is only so much one can do with stiff
springs and swaybars to combat the problem.

On the other hand if you just want straightline acceleration, cubic inches
is cetainly the answer. I drove a 300+ HP Monster Miata (tricked out Ford V8
in a Miata) and thought it was horrible, other than the awesome straight
line performance, it just felt just like those Cobra replicas and nothing
like a Miata. It was fun for 5 minutes and I'll take one if someone gives it me.

I was told of a Duetto outfitted with a Dino V6, apparently the conversion
job costs the guy somewhere around $50K. I'd prefer a whole Dino.

        - Steve.