Montreal V6 in a Spider?

I have heard about a certain German Alfa Romeo dealer that put Montreal
V6s in their Spiders in the eighties. Does anyone have more information
about this? Was the outcome just a faster version of the Spider, or was
is it a clumsily-handling monstrosity, a bastard of ill creation? Does
anyone know what such a project would entail? If you are going to waste
your time flaming me, I would rather you just not respond.

Thanks,

Gregory Scott