Replacing O-rings and piston rings with heads off.

Dear Group.

Actually, i have done the above process many times.  The hardest part is
wiggling the liners out of the block.  THe antifreeze does really naughty
things to make those liners stick in there.  The best way is to wiggle
them with two pry-bars back and forth very gently and sometimes very
violently.  When you're in there you might as well change the rings. There
is a special tool to compress the rings and then you can butt down the
liner with a wooden hammer handle. For the o-rings clean off the liners
very carefully on the bottom edge when they're out.  When placing new
o-rings use care not to overstretch them and I used a drop of silicone to
keep them in place. When butting down the liners be sure to use a mallet
because you'll blow head gaskets if you nick the top of the liner. Not for
the faint at
heart but only for the real brave youngblooded Alfa mechanic like myself.

						Sandro Marcantonio
						1988 Milano Verde
						1991 164S
						1977 Spider (SOLD):(
					1958 Giulietta Spider
				Racing at Stapleton Raceway Sunday
				At Alfa Circo '98 in Denver, Colorado.

Colorado Folks.  Call me at 303-523-5771 for more info. Miss it and you'll
be sorry. They are tearing up the track in November.