Re: Stebro 164 Headers

"Mark F. Domby" <dombymf5@domain.elided> writes

>Next, what about some nice looking/performing headers? At one point I
>thought someone was contracting Stebro to do a set- anybody have any
luck?

Mark-  Stebro has been S-L-O-W-L-Y developing headers for the 164 for the
past 18 months   ...yes, 18 months.  The delay has been 3-fold...
1) You all have been buying too many Stebro exhaust systems, and
production (rightly) comes first
2) Stebro is a small company, and doesn't have the man-power to dedicate
somebody to complete the project by "X" date.
3) There have been some hardware & software complications (now resolved,
I am told) with Stebro's new 3-plane mandrell bending system

As you might imagine, I am anxious to get a set of these on my car, and I
have semi-patiently waited through the delays, as I believe the Stebro
product will be superior to the currently available Shankle headers.  It
probably wouldn't hurt to call and/or e-mail Stebro and remind them of
the pent-up (for now) demand for this product.

Brad Anesi
'91 Project 164Q 5-speed

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]