Mea Culpa Re: Late 101 Spider Misinformation

My apologies to Andrew and the Digest.

There were actually three styles of Spider taillights. Until 1961, a
small, all red light was standard. In 1961, the light was enlarged and
included a back-up lens at the bottom. The 1961 and earlier lights were
interchangeable. By 1964, a larger light, oval in shape, had become
standard and was not interchangeable with the older lights.

Sorry for the misinformation.

What I said earlier about the fans is true as far as I can remember. I'm
a bit afraid to trust my memory on anything at this point, however.

Bob (I still want that Giulia Veloce Spider again)

Here's what I had written earlier:

My '61 (bought new) had the large taillights. When I got rear-ended, I
temporarily used the older, small lights. They're interchangeable.

My '61 had the aluminum fan, my '64 Giulia Normal and '66 Veloce both
had plastic fans. Both cars were also bought new.

Hope this helps.

Bob Kleinfeld (Who wants a Giulia Veloce Spider again in the worst way)