Re: 155 BTCC

>Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:42:46 -0700 (PDT)
>From: zamani zambri <zzambri@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: 155 BTCC
>
>Hi,
>
>	164 Turbo block? That would  make it a V6. I think the block was
>off a 164 TS engine using a Q4 16V head. And if I am not mistaken, the
>newer Prod-Drive cars and Nordauto cars used the 16V TS heads. The '97
>Superturissmo ones driven by Tamburini and Giovanardi seemed to be very
>competitive. Did they use the new 16V TS head? Actually, did they ever use
>a 16V TS head? What about Auger's 155?

David Auger's 155 here in Australia uses the same engine as I mentioned as
it's basically a 1994 car from the Italian Series. I think the block is from
the turbo-diesel 164 (which I htink is a 4 cyl). Racecar Engineering doesn't
specify the engine type, but merely says 164 Turbo... :-( I don't know about
the newer TS head on the latest cars though.
>From what I have read the 1995 Prodrive cars were mechanically identical to
the 1994 cars, but with updated wingkits....later they revised the
suspension when they realised that the cars were way off the pace.
- --
Nathan Wong	       http://www.nectar.com.au/~alfacors
	           - Alfa Romeo - Club Cars - Super Touring -
AlfaCors@domain.elided	 - Formula One - V8Supercars -