GTV6 - Simple modification to improve gearchange feel

In my opinion as a new GTV6 owner, the only weakness in the car that has
taken some getting used to, is the naturally "mushy" gearchange.
However, I just hit upon a simple modification that, for me, has made a
tremendous improvement. No doubt I'm not the first person on the list to
try this modification, but I'd like to share it for the benefit of those
who may not have thought of the approach............

By cutting about three inches off the length of the gearlever, and
replacing the existing knob with a larger, more comfortable (more
stylish) wooden one, the whole feel has changed for the better. The
entire linkage seems much more positive. Obviously, the benefit comes
from the reduction in lever length considerably reducing the amount of
arm travel. Additionally, the shortened lever with new knob really looks
much better!

I can recommend this mod to all transaxle car owners, apart from those
with very short arms and, of course, anyone who has a complex about
length!

Terry