Troubleshooting Milano Temp Sender

     My milano's temperature gage just started not working, right after I
     replaced the thermostat housing hoses.

     If I ground the terminals on the sender, the gage and light respond
     properly (i.e. full scale and light on).

     After I cleaned up the connecter, it worked fine, until this morning.
     Now, it doesn't seem to be a bad connection.

     Does anyone know the test procedure for the sender i.e. resistance vs.
     temperature?  Currently, I'm getting infinite resistance between
     either terminal and ground.  The CarDisc isn't much help with this
     one.

     Thanks in advance,

     Bob Brady, DVAROC
     Yardley, PA