TuBe, or not TuBe

Time to re-tire my Alfas, and I'm wondering whether it's really
necessary to keep using tubes.  I have the orginal steel rims on both
cars, and have always installed tubes since the Italian wheels aren't
safety rims.  Is this redundancy necessary anymore?  Also, taking any
recommendations for tire shops in and around San Jose, California that
can align Alfas (I already know the ones that can't).

Steve, in the Silicon Valley
74 GTV (red, with no cupholders)
78 Sedan (cupholder disconnected)