Re: 164 vibration

In an earlier post Bob wrote (emphasis added):

> The strange thing is that it's not always present.  If the car is
> parked overnight in a *COOL* garage it is almost sure to vibrate on
> the way to work in the morning. Drive it home after a day parked in
> a *HOT* parking lot and it probably won't.

I believe it was indicated these were Yokohama AVSi tires. I agree
with Fred De Matteo who posted earlier that the vibrations until the
tires are warmed up is caused by an out-of-round condition of the
tire's belts from sitting in a cool or cold environment for an
extended period of time (i.e. overnight).

This will *NOT* occur if the car sits for the same amount of time in a
warm/hot environment or on hot pavement because the tire's belts stay
warm and do not create the temporary flat spots.

Bernie Zelazny
Texas Hill Country
Alpine, TX