heel & toe kits

I don't know about the heel/toe kits for spica and carb cars, but I played
with a Shankle kit on my Bosch injected spider for a while. It made the
throttle very twitchy - okay for track and highway, but it made driving in
town less enjoyable. Abrupt throttle response made stop and go situations
tough on the clutch because it was hard to be smooth. I was able to do away
with the Shankle part by adjusting down the pedal stop (inside the car)
until the pedal bottomed out on the carpet, then adjusting the vertical
throttle linkage (with the plastic socket ends) until I had full throttle
opening when the pedal was fully depressed. The linkage must be removed and
both ends turned - don't get fooled into loosening the lock nuts and
spinning the shaft because that won't change the length. As I recall, I
had to trim the shaft length to get it short enough, then refit the plastic
ends. Now the throttle progression is smooth and easily moderated, like an
unmodified system. The pedal is now at the correct height to hook it with
my heel with the brake pedal depressed. Perfect!

Robert Clauss
BeckyCo@domain.elided
Mt. Prospect, IL

'64 Giulia TI